Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Joyous Weekend


I trust that everyone had a wonderful Easter! I hope that you were able to connect with friends and family for the Easter Celebration, and enjoy the seriously awesome weather! Our family had another reason to celebrate, as well. My little brother, Timothy Gerard Bontrager, got MARRIED on Friday, April 10th! He married Diane Clapsaddle at the Shepherd Of The Lake Church at Prior Lake, MN. They got married in the small chapel connected to the large church building. It was a small, intimate ceremony attended by just family and close friends as there were not many chairs inside. But the reception which was held at Dangerfield’s in Shakopee was attended by several other guests, and I would say that great fun was had by all! Good food and great conversation! I love my little brother so much, and I am so happy that HE is happy! He has been alone for so long, and he has found his soul mate in Diane. She has a gentle and peaceful spirit, and is extremely beautiful and graceful as well. I keep saying that she reminds me of Princess Diana. She is a Lab Tech at the hospital where Tim works, and she also plays the clarinet for orchestras. She has two teenage children, Andrew and Marissa. They both play musical instruments, as well. I will not elaborate any further, but I will share with you some pictures that I had taken at the reception.




The reception was held at Dangerfields Restaurant in Shakopee, MN. Tim and Diane live in Shakopee.

Photobucket



The happy couple at their reception. I can almost see them thinking, at this point : "THANK GOODNESS that part is over with! Whew!"
Photobucket


Diane and Marissa. Aren't they gorgeous?! And they BOTH had such LOVELY DRESSES, too!

Photobucket


Tim and Andrew. What a couple of handsome guys!
Photobucket

This is Tim's very good friend, Greg. He met Greg through the hospital where both he and Diane work. Greg has become an ordained minister, and he officiated at their marriage ceremony.
Photobucket

"It's okay, mom. It's a point-and-flash camera, mom. Ya just need to push the button. Go ahead, mom. Push it. WILL YOU TAKE THE PICTURE ALREADY, MOM! GEEZ!"

Photobucket


"See, ma? Just like THAT! POOF! Done!" I felt so fortunate to be able to do mom's hair and make-up for the wedding. She had on a lovely dress, and looked so happy! Of course, that was all due to her little boy getting married...it had nothing whatsoever to do with the make-up!!
Photobucket

And will you look at this! Melissa's dad and step-mom Kelly were there, too! I was so happy to see them when I walked into the church, and they sat with us at the ceremony, as well.
Photobucket
Tim and mom's good friends, Arlyn and Linda. This wonderful couple have 'gone the extra mile' for so many people, including members of our own family. It has been a real blessing having them as friends.
Photobucket

You know, it is just totally amazing who you run into at a wedding! This lovely lady, Jeanette, used to be neighbors with Steve and I when we lived in Jordan. And that was wa-aay back, um, well I won't say how many years ago. But I was pregnant with my 29 year old daughter when we lived next to them. :) Come to find out, she bowls with Diane!

Photobucket

Don looks dazed and confused. But then, WHAT ELSE IS NEW!!!!! Ha-ha! And Lorraine just looks hungry. Lorraine ALWAYS looks hungry!
Photobucket
It's a good thing that the food is nearby! And what a luscious spread it was. I especially liked the little puff pastries filled with spinach in a creamy sauce, served hot. Oh, YUM! Dangerfields really is a great place to eat! If you ever get to Shakopee, Mn, you will have to try them out! (Wonder if Tim can get a discount if I brag them up a bit!??? One can always hope, right?)

Photobucket
Two chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting. See those little tiny flowers? Steve and I nearly ate them! We thought they were frosting, but they were silk!
Photobucket

Tim and Diane are closely supervised during the cutting of the cake. No one was injured during the filming of this incident.
Photobucket
sigh...THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER!!! Always a clown!

Photobucket

As Tim was sitting at a table visiting, I 'puffed' some warm, moist air onto the top of his bald pate and began rubbing it with a napkin in order to 'polish' his head. He put on some "Chapstick" got up and kissed me on the cheek. IT WAS LIPSTICK! Oh, I just love my leetle brother SO MUCH!

Photobucket

We had a lovely Easter Dinner at Melissa and Rick's house. Rick did a lot of the cooking. He actually is a wonderful cook. So wonderful, in fact, that you might even think that he was a BONTRAGER instead of a Burmeister!! ;) And, an added bonus: LORRAINE GOT ICE-CREAM WITH HER PEACH COBBLER!

Photobucket

And THIS is my beautiful daughter, Melissa. Did you know that Melissa has started writing Children's Books, and she has asked ME to ILLUSTRATE THEM?! I think that it would be so marvelous if Melissa could be published, and we could work together as a "Mother/Daughter" team!!

Photobucket








1 comment:

ribbit98 said...

So many little bits of news in this post! I loved reading it and seeing all the pics! Congratulations to Tim & Diane! ~Susan