Friday, March 13, 2009

Since The Last Writing….

I realize that I have not written in some time. My arthritis has been acting up and my back has, as well. So I have not felt like sitting down and writing. However, I am amazed at all the things that I have accomplished since I wrote last, considering how I feel...

First of all, I would like to introduce you to Keira (pronounced “Ky-Rah”). She was actually the little runt of the little when she was born. As of today, she weighs 25#, and she is 10 ½ weeks old. She looks small, but she sure is SOLID. Believe me, she is NOT lacking for affection. She is very smart; goes potty outside, does the stair steps up and down, knows that “NO” word, and knows her name. She chases the BALL, which she seems to have inherited from her mother, and both of her ears are nearly up. She is RED and black, and will have a wonderful standard coat. I love her body structure….she has that typical GSD ‘stance’ and she has the true German ‘roached’ back, not that American ‘low-rider’ style, where they look like they are either dragging their hind-end around behind them or ‘sneaking’ up on things. The AKC has tragically wrecked several wonderful dog breeds, in the name of ‘style’. Nightline just had a spot on that this week, hi-lighting the Boston Terrier, the poor, deformed English Bulldog, and the Dalmatian. Look it up on Nightline ABC News at: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=7055788&page=1


Here is our little Keira, proudly wearing (almost) her new ears! Hmm, I see that we STILL don't have the trim put up under the cupboards :(

Photobucket

Next, I am glad to report that I finally finished that second sock for Mr. Don, and now he has my very first pair of hand-knitted wool socks! Too bad they did not turn out the same size. Oh well…his toes will be less scrunched on one side, that’s all.

Photobucket

Then, I did my second painting in the Bob Ross style. It is called “Barn at Sunset”. Now, I do not care for it as much as the first painting. Maybe because there is a man-made structure in it. I am not sure exactly why... But it was great fun participating in the class, anyway! As usual, the instructor Judy was FULL of information….and ENERGY! I swear that woman eats coffee beans for breakfast! :) She can run circles around me.


This is a young man in our art class, just turned 18. He is an accomplished artist! Photobucket

His older sister, also a wonderful artist, did her own rendition of a Scottish glen, painted from a photograph taken by a friend while in Scotland. These kids are wonderful, polite, home-schooled kids, and I so much enjoy working with them in class!
Photobucket

The finished painting, in one of Judy’s beautiful frames. Photobucket

I have two more classes coming up in the next two months. I can’t wait!


And finally, I managed to finish a project that I started almost one year ago. I got around to completing the upstairs bathroom-painting project. I have discovered that it takes me an entire week to complete what I used to finish in one single day. I just don’t have what it takes anymore. But this project is nearly done, and I am satisfied.

Don’s old garage-sale vase ($1.00); Peacock feathers from the auction ($1.00); wallpaper border on sale at Menard's ($1.50); and grapevine from Don’s place in Carver (free). The result: a warm, Tuscan/Mediterranean-style bathroom. Much nicer than the WHITE and red that it was once painted, with the ‘modern-looking’ border all around it.
Photobucket


EVERY BLOG should have a picture of a toilet, right? Well, I am proud to show you DON’S NEW TOILET DEVICE which he got from the VA. If we had one of those arm-devices in every room in the house, it still would not be enough. Because Lorraine and I need one, as well. It comes in very handy.

Photobucket

We also have a ‘shower chair’ and a handrail for getting OUT of the bathtub. And that other object is mom's old whirlpool-device. She gave it to Don for his legs, feet and ankle pain. GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS, dear mother, for giving Don this wonderful gift! He uses it EVERY TIME he takes a bath.

Photobucket


Well, that’s it for now. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I am going to iron the curtains for my newly-finished bathroom, and put them up. I just love finishing a project, and then standing back to admire it. Don't you?

2 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

Bathroom is beautiful!!! How wonderful to finally finish it. Can't wait until I can come and see you (I will admit it's your front steps that scare me!).

Now I need to get a bath handle so I can take a bath and use MY whirlpool for my knee.

love ya!

PS - the "c" clamps are Don's. The spring one is mine.

ribbit98 said...

All your projects are beautiful and I'm amazed at your many talents! You didn't have to take them all when they were being passed around! :) Love you!