Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Stuff

I got up early this morning so I could enjoy the pace and quiet before the day got started. I sat in the kitchen, doing paperwork, paying bills, balancing checkbook. This blog is really interesting so far, right???? NOT!

So I took the dogs outside to potty. It was snowing so hard it was almost as if there was a fireman up on the roof with a big fire hose spraying wet, heavy snow just as hard as he could get that thing to spray. I mean, there was force behind that snow! “Someone” would not go potty, so I took her inside the house and just then the phone rang. Our neighbor was in the ditch just outside our Yak pasture. They had slid right into the path of an oncoming car, and the vehicle was totaled. The Sheriff came along, and took care of everything. But there were 3 cars in the ditch, all just outside our place. I guess it must have been a bad stretch of road!

Here is the view right now at 6:00 p.m., 02/26/2009. You can’t see across the road! It looks almost like another blizzard, doesn’t it?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meanwhile, I am knitting my VERY FIRST SOCK, EVER!!! Good friend Connie showed me how to ‘turn the heel’ which is the most difficult part of knitting a sock. Connie is also the one that showed me how to knit using those 5 little double-pointed bamboo needles, and I am thankful EVERY DAY that she gave me that gift. I absolutely love knitting in the round and making mittens, gloves, and now SOCKS! So DAN, TIM, BOB and BRIAN: CLOSE YOUR EYES and DON’T READ THIS, because this is what I am making all the guys for Christmas 2009! They are 80% washable wool, 20% acrylic. So they will be nice and warm!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Don is modeling my first ever pair of knitted socks. I only have a little left on the foot and toe area left to do.
Photobucket


Well, there is not much left to report, so that’s it for now. I hope that you are keeping warm, safe, and healthy. Remember: WINTER IS ALMOST OVER! HOOORAY!!!!!!

1 comment:

Connie Peterson said...

I love the colors in those socks - the striping is awesome. You have done a great job! Congratulations!