Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another Day, Another Sock

Or something like that. I finally finished my first sock: for me! So I have been running around all day with one sock on and the other foot bare just so’s I will be reminded to hurry up and get that other sock done! Since I have purchased dozens and dozens of skeins of sock yarn and have them all groaning out of containers upstairs in my craft room, I guess I had better follow through on my promise and start in on socks for everyone else pretty soon! At the rate I am going, it surely will take until Christmas to knit them sockies…too bad they have to come in pairs!

I also went to class last Saturday and completed another painting – yea! This time, we did a mountain! Now, Bob Ross’s favorite subject was Mt. Hood in Oregon, and that is what our picture consisted of. Bob had entitled it “A Spectacular View” and it certainly is lovely. The only thing that was holding me back from practicing on my own here at home was the fact that I did not have any paint thinner for cleaning my brushes and I kept forgetting to go out and buy some! But Don has located a can for me, and I am excited to be able to get started now. We went on a wonderful vacation to Yellowstone a few years ago, and took some awesome pictures, there and back. I want to print a few of those pictures and then paint them. I wonder if any would sell at the Laura Ingalls-Wilder pageant in July? You know, it is hard to determine these things, with the economy and all. What do you think?



First, we start with the sky. And then, we add some fluffy clouds. My very first fluffy clouds, folks! I was so happy about my clouds!!! (Yea, I know....doesn't take much...)
Photobucket


Then, we add our mountains! In this case, Mt. Hood in Oregon.
Photobucket
I apologize that I don't have a close-up of the picture! But it has a small cabin and some large pine trees.
Photobucket
AND! Ta-da!!!! MY SOCKIE!!! I did a basket-weave pattern. My left foot is nice and warm.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Connie Peterson said...

The picture is awesome. Can't wait to see you do some of your own creations!

I hope your second sock is nearly done. Your poor little footsie looked so lonesome and cold yesterday!

Love ya!