Thursday, February 12, 2009

It’s Been Fun and Busy, But Sad, too!

This is the week that I always dread when raising puppies. It’s been a journey; in a way it seems like such a short period of time, and in other ways it has been a long journey. I think back to Halloween of 2008 when this whole journey began: Torii was here ‘visiting’ with Heidi. And Heidi was very sad to see her new friend go back home. Then two months later, we had this sweet little family to begin caring for. And now, seven more weeks later, our little family is leaving and going away. Oh, I know that we absolutely have the most wonderful people that we could ever ask for to adopt our little babies! I cannot stress that enough! But no matter how many times I do this, I know that THIS week will always be a little sad for me. I will not say anymore…I will just show you the fabulous pictures of our sweet little babies. They go to their new homes on Valentines Day, February 14th, 2009. And I may be a little prejudiced, but don’t you think that they are the sweetest Valentine's gift that anybody could ever receive???!!

This is the pup we called "Red" because she wore the red necklace. Don is keeping her. The name he has chosen for her is "Kyra." She was actually the 'runt' of the litter to begin with. She looks smallest in comparison to all the other pups, but she is solid packed, and only weighs 1/4 pound less than the other females.

Photobucket

This "little" guy we called "Tank." He wore the Bright Blue collar. His new mom and dad have told us that they will stick with the name. And he weighs 15-1/4 pounds at 6-1/2 weeks...he really is a TANK!

Photobucket

This is the largest female. She also has THE MOST gorgeous red color coming in on her legs. She will be a real looker, that's for sure. We called her 'Big Bertha' or Lime Green, for the necklace color. Her new family has named her "Ginger Ale!" I think that Ginger is a great name for this puppy!

Photobucket

This 'little' man we call "Tug." He wore the Forest Green collar. He is wonderful! Layed-back, and also a big puppy. He has wisdom beyond his years. He is sooo smart.

Photobucket

Aaaah...Here is tiny Anjelika, which is German for "Like an ANGEL." She is going to a very special home: one of my college friends who is now a Certified Veterinary Technician will get Angelika. I am anxious to find out what her new name will be! Becky will take extra special care of little Angel, with her fantastic nursing skills. YOU GO, BECK!

Photobucket

And here is our little Sweetie Girl, or "Lavender." I have never met a more layed-back puppy in my life. She just oozes comfort, patience, and LOVE. I swear this dog has read and memorized all of the "Fruits of the Spirit"

Photobucket

And there they are, "The Gang." Our sweet little family! Nope, I just cannot think of a more meaningful, wonderful Valentines gift than a warm, snuggly, healthy German Shepherd puppy. Just think of all the love packed inside these little guys!

I can't wait 'till the NEXT litter!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody! it's Jen, 'Sweetie Girl' aka Leia's soon to be new mommy. This was such a wonderful blog and i LOVED seeing the Gang! Can't wait to see you both tomorrow and can't wait to bring our new little one home!

Connie Peterson said...

I haven't seen enough of them and now they are going. Don't cry too much - you have chosen (wisely) the new families for these sweet children.

and there will more coming down the road.

Good luck tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day!