Saturday, November 8, 2008

What An Exciting Day!

Today, Saturday November 8, 2008 I discovered that I had a special talent! I spent the entire day – from 10.00 until 5:30 - at a painting class in Windom. The painting we created was a copy of an original by Bob Ross of PBS fame. He had a show called “The Joy of Painting.” He developed a technique called “Wet on Wet” which allows you to complete a painting by adding layers on top of layers, without needing to let the painting dry in between. The painting that we studied today is entitled “Bright Autumn Leaves.”

Photobucket

We had nine people in our class, with ages ranging from a 10th grader (whose work was awesome) all the way up to a lady in her 80’s. Although we all copied the same painting, every completed painting was different from all the others. And they were all very beautiful.

Photobucket

When we completed our paintings, the teacher pulled out a box of beautiful frames. They were all different colors. And she would match a frame to every one’s work, which would actually pull you right into that painting. When I saw my picture up on her easel in that special frame, I almost cried! I could not believe that it was mine!


Photobucket

The teacher told everyone that I had not painted since 10th grade, and everyone applauded. I was so pleased with my painting. And the teacher hugged me and said I gave her GOOSEBUMPS because she loved my excitement over my work. I like her so much and I will take other classes from her. We have one coming up in January!
But, in the meantime, THIS painting is TOP SECRET. Because… It is Don’s Christmas present. I told ya I was making all my presents this year!!!

6 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

She is right ... it is totally awesome!!!!

Congratulations! I hereby commission you to paint a scene of Ash Lane Farm.

Wonderful work!

ribbit98 said...

Jody, this is amazing and incredible and sooooooooooo beautiful! I'm having a hard time finding words to describe it and how proud I am of you! It reminds me of Aunt Suvilla and the lovely artwork she produced in her later years! I hope you won't stop with this one. You obviously have tremendous talent! ~Susan

Anonymous said...

Very nice Jody!

Bob

goodshepherd said...

You guys, all this makes me want to cry! You know, after 51 years, I think that I have FINALLY found my niche! And that is TRULY exciting.

Anonymous said...

Very nice job. Welcome to the world of art. It's a "Happy Place". Candy

Connie Peterson said...

Hey, I've tagged you for a meme! Now you need to learn a new skill!!!! (hehehehehe!)