Sunday, October 12, 2008

This n' That

Well, it certainly has been a long time since I was able to add to my blog! I have been having a GIANT hassle with my Sony Cyber-shot camera, and it has taken since August 27th to get it all figured out. I sent it to Sony twice, and the ‘repairs’ cost me $91.00, which I do not have (to spend in that manner). My bff Connie reformatted my memory-stick on her computer. And it still did not work, so I brought it over here to my computer and reformatted it –two more times- and the camera still said the stick was ‘corrupted.’ Hmmm. Well, after fighting with Sony and Precision Camera Repair all this time, I got on the Sony website, and read the instruction booklet (which I do not physically own) online and figured out how to format my memory stick by using the camera, itself. And Viola! The stupid thing now works! Now, I DID do all of this before sending it in the first time, so I am inclined to believe that there really was a circuit board problem initially, as I hate to think that my $91.00 and my precious time were in vain. So if you ever hear of anyone having an Error C:13:01 on their Sony camera, have them call me FIRST, before they go and send the thing out to Sony!

Meanwhile, our shed is finally going up! Hooray, hooray. I might actually be able to stop paying all that money on storage up in Shakopee! I am sure that they will miss me over at Canterbury Storage. They know my credit number by heart, bless them anyway. The shed will be 40x112. Here is what has been done, so far.

Photobucket




Photobucket


Last week, I took some Community Ed. Classes in Windom. I am learning the Norwegian art of Rosemalling. It is very intricate, precise, and time consuming. And frustrating. The idea is to load only half of your teeny tiny paintbrush, and allow other colors to gently blend in, allowing them to be somewhat opaque. If I am ever able to grasp the control of my loading and my brush movements, it should be more pleasurable. Right now, it is something akin to plucking the leg-hairs off a gnat.


Photobucket

And then my bff Connie was roped into teaching a mitten-knitting class, so I felt sorry for her and went along. :) She was teaching the 4-needle knitting technique, which ends up every once in awhile using 5 knitting needles all at the same time. Connie, why isn’t it called 5-needle knitting???


Photobucket


So that’s it for now. I will send more pictures of the shed as it is being built over this next week. They tell me that the roof will be on by Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

Connie Peterson said...

It's called "4 needle" knitting because most people USE 4 needles. And you can dump the 5th one if'n you want. But technically it is called "knitting in the round."

And glad to hear that gnat will be able to keep his leg hairs.

Bob said...

Great to see the shed going up! Nice knitting!

Bob