Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Fugitive

Look closely at this face, folks. It might be the next one you see on a milk carton.


Photobucket

This dangerous criminal escaped imprisonment a few days ago, along with her ‘sister', Heidi. After 3 ½ hours of searching in vain and visiting all the neighbors in a 4-mile radius. a neighbor called and said that the two culprits were spotted cavorting on the highway 3 ½ miles south of the farm. I got in my truck and raced down there, and sure enough, they were play fighting in the middle of the highway, while trucks slammed on their brakes and went around them. They were oblivious to the fact that they may well have been creamed. Since creamed German Shepherd is not on the future menu around here, we have felt it best that we invest in a shock collar to put a little fear of God into the both of them. As a matter of fact, last week when they got loose they ran over to the Amo church and were discovered playing in the empty parking lot. Apparently, they did not get religion that time, either. Hence, the needed shock-treatment.

Who, me? You talkin' bout ME? I'm INNOCENT, I swear to you!

Photobucket

This dangerous criminal (aka: Gretchen) has also been known to eat toilet seats.

Photobucket

My friends, THIS is what guilt really looks like.


Keep on the lookout for future sightings of this detainee She may be seen in a neighborhood near you. Hopefully not!

Photobucket

*Truthfully, I will not enjoy using the collar on my baby, but it is a last resort and it may be a means of saving her life in the long run. This time, the Sheriff was involved. Thankfully, he was nice about it. She becomes 'deaf' when she bolts out the door, and is gone down the highway in a flash. I will try to show her the boundries of the yard (again), and what can and will happen if/when she runs out of bounds again. :(

1 comment:

Connie Peterson said...

Thank goodness you found them wrestling, not as pancakes! I hope the collar works, my friend .... it's horrible when you lose a beloved friend because she doesn't know her boundries - I have been there, don't want to go it again!