Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, Well

I got a new paring knife, as mine were so dull that you could slide to China and back and never suffer a scratch. Remember that little poem that says: "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace..." Well, that is just WRONG!!!! I was born on Tuesday. And I have been known to walk down hallways, get my feet tangled up around my neck, and fall flat on my face. Yes, just ask my mother, it's true.

Well, last night I managed to attempt chopping an onion with my new paring knife, and severed an artery in my thumb and sliced a nerve. Except, for slicing a nerve, the darned thing sure hurts this morning! So, I probably won't be writing in the blog for awhile . The stitches come out in 7-10 days, and maybe after that happens I will write more. I am keying with my right hand and the going is very slow. I have taken a Tylenol for pain, and will go and lie down again. Enjoy this day...the sun is shining, there is no wind, and the excavation guy is here digging up the spot for the new shed to be built (thank you, Lord, for small favors).

1 comment:

ribbit98 said...

I'm sorry for you, dear Cousin!