Monday, July 21, 2008

Magic Moment

Tonight I had a really neat experience, and I thought I would share it with you...

I worked hard again today. I crawled around in the muddy garden, cutting the 'suckers' off the broom corn, pulling a few weeds, etc. I mowed one of the Yak pastures, which had burdock and thistle growing in it. I helped move the guineas, and set up their pen in the taller grass. I tethered the goats out under the trees, as I am now "flushing" them, getting them ready for breeding later this fall. I tried working on my 'Yard Man' trimmer, as it has a leak in an 'O' ring, and I got the oil and gas added to it, and the belt back on. And I also had to add gas and oil to the riding mower. The gas can had a 'little' problem, and I ended up with gas all running down my legs, making rivers of mud through the dirt caked on my legs, from the garden. And, I did the chores. Twice. I was pretty grubby after all this was done, and I looked forward to a nice, warm, bath.

Photobucket



Came into the house waaay after dark, and Don said there had been an alarm going off downstairs. It was the alarm for the outside septic tank. Meaning that, due to the heavy rain we just had, the septic tank was full. Meaning that, no one can flush the toilets. And, no one can take baths!!!

Well, earlier in the day had I noticed that the little purple wading pool had blown out into the back pasture during the rain/wind storm. And, it was nearly 1/2 full of water. Clear rain water! I had dipped my hand into it, and teased Don about skinny dipping in the pool because the water was so warm. He had declined.

Well, it was 11:00, I was sweaty and dirty, and I smelled like gasoline from filling the mower and working on the trimmer. And my hair was dirty. So....

I made my way through the darkness, out to the little wading pool in the back pasture, carrying soap, shampoo, and a bath towel. I hung my towel over the goat's fence, and I laid my dirty clothes over the fence, as well. I washed my hair first, and then slid into the pool.....Oh! it was quite a bit cooler than it had been earlier in the day! But I didn't care! Because the moon tonight is FULL, and it was a big, creamy-yellow ball in the southern sky. And there was no breeze... just the refreshing coolness of the evening. And the fireflies were dancing all over the back pasture and the lawn! Just like Christmas-twinkle lights! Oh, they are so beautiful!! And there was not a sound to be heard, anywhere. Not a single car passed by on the county hwy., down from our gravel road. It was the most magical, beautiful little kernel in time. And it was just too remarkable to not share it with YOU!

I hope that you find a magical moment, too.

1 comment:

Connie Peterson said...

Okay, I am the first to comment on your first post. How cool is that? It looks very nice and you did a great job on your profile and pictures. Keep up the good work. Time, now, to talk about karate guineas!!

Blessings